Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wise Words From Annie, Ted & Megan.

Pierce: You backed the wrong horse, I've got nothin.

Annie: Pierce you are musical, you are creative, you can do this. I believe in you.

Pierce: Well you shouldn't, I quit.

Annie: You listen up, Pierce! I'm gonna tell you what my mother told me when I wanted to quit cheerleading. 'You're not very pretty, you have no boobs, and you can't do a basket toss to save your life.'

But you made a commitment.

So pick up your pompoms, Pierce, stuff your bra, and get ready for the team bus to forget you at a Taco Bell, because life is tough. But we soldier on, and that's just the way it goes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ted: "That was the year I got left at the altar, it was the year I got knocked out by a crazed bartender, the year I got fired, the year I got beat up by a goat, a girl goat at that, and damn it if it wasn't the best year of my life. Because if any one of those things hadn't happened, I never would've ended up in what turned out to be the best job I ever had. But more importantly, I wouldn't have met your mother. Because as you know, she was in that class. Of course, that story is just beginning."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Megan: I think you're ready now to hear a little story about a girl...girl named Megan. Girl named Megan that didn't have a very good time in high school. I'm referring to myself. When I say Megan, it's me Megan.
Annie: Yeah, I got it.
Megan: I know you look at me now and think, boy she must have breezed through high school. Not the case, Annie.
Megan: No, this was not easy going up and down the halls. Okay? They used to try to blow me up. They threw fire crackers at my head. Fire crackers. I mean literally. I'm not saying that figuratively. I got fire crackers thrown at my head. They called me a freak. Do you think I let that break me? Think I went home to my mommy crying; 'Oh, I don't have any friends. Oh, Megan doesn't have any friends.' No, I did not. You know what I did? I pulled myself up. I studied really hard. I read every book in the library and now I work for the government. I have the highest possible security clearance. Don't repeat that!
Annie: I won't.
Megan: I can't protect you. I know where all the nukes are and I know the codes.



No comments: