Sunday, November 2, 2008

All The Years.

I'm too old, the feeling never escapes me,
Ancient pallbearer to still born days,
Sittin in my favorite chair, rockin rockin in isolation,
Fog dancin in my eyes, playin tricks makin faces,
Paintin vultures, coffins awaitin.

I'm too old for today, knots murmur from my heart,
Creakin bones and leakin eyes, an old man's rhyme,
Travellin the travels, always too far to arrive,
Yet life marches on, a sick joke, don’t laugh at me,
My clownin years are over, rottenly lost and forever buried.

Still the whales of life call, oh they do call occasionally,
But my hearin's not the same, it’s the noisy years you see,
Now tuned to static, just that the pointlessness of it all bombards me,
Nothin's offered that has not already been lost,
Miss the symphonies though, the high and low notes fallin flat.

The weight of the ages crushin me, interrogatin my conscience,
Banished to my chair my clock runs backwards, memory permittin once in a while,
Lookin back I see me, unmarked with no weeping scars,
GOD IN HEAVENS! There’s a grin on that face, magically raw,
Who's this clown wearin my skin, dreamin my dreams,
Evil's fuming in the air, the child's clueless.

Ahh my memory fails, don’t blame an old man, it’s all the years,
Routine's all I got now, cycles to cycle, dispossessed of life,
No aggravation or solace, no pesterin maps or clocks,
I'm so tired, infinitely exhausted no wind bothers my sails,
I'm so old, I could die.

What'd I miss, learned me a lesson one of those days,
A way outta the vault, a map through the maze,
Unlearn, unlearn it all, all the happiness in me,
The melancholy wisdom's what's crushin me,
Be a fool, know nothin, ignore everythin.

Not innocent be ignorant, be useless,
Enter the world of inability, lose the significance of being,
Embodiment of ignorance, Embrace the insignificance of being,
Float away light as a feather, gleefully mindlessly.

If only I could, If only I wasn't so old,
Witness to so much goodness, as ancient as earth I can't,
Times of my life, etched on my face,
Lines of sadness & wrinkles of tears, purity clarity,
I am so old, I have no escape.

3 comments:

clueless by chance said...

cheer up...cheer up..good times arent far away...time will come when you can be the child again sporting a toothless smile :P

Jibi said...

I sincerely doubt that. Again thanks for the kind words.

Jita said...

dont know why but felt very sad when i read it